Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The things we fear the most....have already happened!

You may not know this, but I'm basically scared of everything.  Heights, lakes, spiders, mice, birds....just to name a few!

Well, on top of all the other things God has put in my path lately, he has also decided to test my fears.

It seems like every single time I walk out the door I walk right through a spider web.  It is so creepy and it makes me do this crazy arm flailing dance all the while thinking "is the spider in my hair?  Get it out...Get it out!"

Image from Google


And I've been avoiding cleaning out our shed to put away all the summer stuff, because I was in there this spring and there was a mouse.  I trampled my young nephew as I flew out of the shed at lightning speed screaming my wholly head off!  And to this day, I have not been back in there.  Unfortunately, we now have a mouse in the garage and it is taunting me.  My husband says he never sees or hears it, but EVERY single time I am in the garage it either peeks it's head out at me or decides it's dinner time and begins chewing, gnawing and making all sorts of noise.

Image from Google

And as if that wasn't enough...we now have red squirrels up in our soffits and they run around all day/night driving my cats crazy.  For a few days I simply pretended it was nothing, hoping they would leave on their own.  It didn't work.

Michigan Red Squirrel
Image from google
 
So now we have mice traps set in the garage and the shed, have sprayed for spiders, and have a wildlife critter control company hired to take care of the squirrel problem. 

Have any of you had "critter" problems before?

1 comment:

RETA said...

I have a "desert-dog" in my garden that is chewing my plants, but without a defined tunnel, I can't bomb him. Such a problem! ha!

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com